Monday, October 01, 2007

Proscrastinating

I’m officially “thinking about thinking about” a change of career.

But before I can move onto actually thinking, I have a number of essential tasks I need to get out of the way. Such as:

Defrosting the freezer
Defrosting the fridge
Cleaning the cooker
Cleaning out the grotty trays of bathroom stuff in the bathroom

But damn, I’ve done all of these this weekend. So now I need to move onto the more endless tasks…

Hacking the Triffid-like Wysteria
Putting plants in pots, doing bulbs for spring
Going through ten years worth of photos
Adding all the CDs I own onto iTunes

And if things get really bad:

Putting all my books and CDs into alphabetical order (no I’ll never do that)
Painting – the hallway, the front room, the bedroom, the backroom
Cleaning the carpets, cleaning the rugs
Chucking away old clothes and general rubbish
Finding piles of paper, looking through them, putting them back again
Cutting things out of newspapers, putting them in a new pile, forgetting to read them
Thinking of creative things to do, doing something else
Writing letters to aunties, old friends and school teachers
Baking cookies, making more mess to tidy up later
Treading water
Achieving a Zen-like state through continual housework

I could spend years just writing the list. Who has time to think about the important things in life?

No comments: